Take the free personality test
We understand that life is a non-stop journey in which we’re constantly learning new things about ourselves. We also know that, just as everyone grows and changes throughout their lives, so do the things we treasure most about ourselves and value most in a partner. However, there are also some aspects of our personalities that will remain a constant, such as how we perceive what’s around us, the ways we engage with other people, our emotional range and how sociable we are.
Australia is a distinctive and wonderful place to live. With the incredible scenery, great weather, world-class cities, huge variety of activities and laid-back culture here, most people are able to achieve a good balance between their professional lives and their personal lives. We work hard during the week, and our weekends and evenings are devoted to friends, family, events, activities and generally enjoying life. Yet, with all that to keep up with, it can be difficult to find the time in our busy lives to meet someone special to share it all with.
Without a helping hand, it can be even more difficult to meet singles who have personality types that are compatible with our own. Whether you live in cosmopolitan Sydney, artistic Melbourne, foodie Adelaide, outdoorsy Brisbane, laid-back Perth or politically vibrant Canberra, meeting people in bars or through acquaintances can often lead to nothing serious, as there’s no depth of connection between you and those you meet.
To start meeting the kind of people who you’re likely to be able to build a lasting relationship with, what’s required is an understanding of what will make you click with someone. Years of research tell us it’s the coming together of our experiences and our personality that determines whether or not we’re going to be compatible with someone. That’s not something that you can easily gauge after meeting someone randomly in a bar, but it is something that we know a lot about – and we may be able to tip the scales in your favour so that you have a better chance of finding lasting love.
What's your relationship personality?
Many of us have asked ourselves questions about our relationships at some point in our lives. Why do some work out while others don't? Why don’t things feel right with some people, even if it seems as though they should on the surface? How is it you can find someone who seems to tick all the right boxes, but you still lack a fundamental connection?
At eHarmony we’ve put years and years into researching what makes a successful relationship. To discover how you can find love that lasts, you must first find out what your relationship personality is.
Getting to know yourself and learning about the ways you engage emotionally and socially, how you reach goals and how you deal with ideas will help you to identify how strong relationships are built and last – and, more importantly, how you can actually have one.
You can take free personality test questions and get the tools that will help you understand how to build a strong relationship. You might just be surprised by how accurately your character is profiled.
How does the personality test work?
Our questionnaire is an easy, fun personality quiz with all the benefits of a psychometric test. And best of all, you're the expert on this particular subject. It will give you (and us) an in-depth understanding of your characteristics and what you desire in a partner. You can also save your test and come back to it later if you don’t want to do it all in one go.
There are sections that are all about you and about what's essential to you in a relationship. These range from what you value most to more practical considerations such as whether you’d consider relocating for the right partner. So if you’re a lifelong Sydneysider who can’t bear the thought of leaving town, you won’t be sent potential matches who'd never venture outside Brisbane.
You can take the test any time you like, and your results will be emailed to you when you're done. There’s absolutely no obligation to become a member or to pay anything, and your personal details will be kept private.
The questionnaire helps us offer you the most suitable matches, and it forms a much better basis for a partnership than the fact that your favourite movie is The Castle or that you both prefer AFL to NRL – the kind of details that you might find out when meeting someone in a bar.
- No photos are necessary
- Your details will remain confidential
- You don’t have to take things any further until you're ready
- Take the test for free at your convenience
- Save it and come back to it later if you like
- Receive an email with your results and your free personality profile
- Review your compatible matches for free
What's in the free online personality profile?
Your profile will help to identify your individual strengths and preferences and what’s important to you. These are the different aspects of your character that your profile will cover:
- Agreeableness: Your profile will help to identify your individual strengths and preferences and what’s important to you. These are the different aspects of your character that your profile will cover:
- Openness: This is about your conviction in the beliefs that govern your thinking and that dictate how you behave – how you work through your feelings and communicate your ideas. Do you stick to your opinions no matter what, or are you open to changing your perceptions in life? How do you process new thoughts, and how do you integrate that information with what you already know about yourself, about others and about the world that surrounds you? You’ll find out whether you prefer to embrace new ways of thinking or count on the familiar ideas that you’ve formulated throughout your life.
- Emotional Stability: We all have the capacity to feel strong emotions – joy, sorrow, shame, fear, euphoria – and to feel them deeply: it’s part of what makes every person intricate and fascinating. But do you control your emotions or do they control you? Are you even-tempered or do you let your feelings dictate your mood? How you deal with your emotions has a strong impact on your levels of satisfaction and how you relate to others. This section describes your emotional range and response.
- Conscientiousness:This part of the test looks at how you go about trying to achieve your personal goals and aspirations, and explores your motivation and adaptability in reaching your aims. Are you orderly and methodical or do you prefer to improvise? Are you creative and roundabout in your problem-solving style or are you meticulous and focused? This section will tell you whether you approach tasks in an imaginative way, modifying the task when new developments come to light, or if you prefer to schedule carefully, time-manage and meet deadlines.
- Extraversion:We don’t intend to measure how sociable or loud you are when you’re around people. This aspect of the test aims to find out how you like to share your time with others – are you happiest in your own company or do you prefer to be surrounded by friends at all times? Perhaps you enjoy being in big groups, or maybe you select a small group to be around. This section also looks at whether you’re a fundamentally outgoing or reserved type, whether you prefer to be assertive or not in your dealing with others, and to what extent you seek out adventures with others.
Here at eHarmony we’ve made a name from helping people get to know their relationship style. This gives you the best chances of love and happiness in a successful partnership. Discover more about yourself and your relationship personality by taking the test for free today and getting your personality test results.