10 Reasons for dating a single dad
Having kids changes a man – almost always for the better. If a guy tells you he has kids, don’t let it put you off dating him. Instead, focus on the role his little ones have had on shaping him into a more rounded, generous person.
- He doesn’t waste his time – or yours. His time sans kids is precious, so he wants to make the most of it. Wondering if he’s into you? If he’s choosing to spend his free time with you, it’s a pretty good sign he is.
- He’s patient. It’s all a part of being a parent, but it’s also a very useful personality trait when you’re trying to get to know each other during the early stages of a new relationship.
- He knows what really matters. A single dad knows that a date may eventually play a part in his child’s life, which is why he values qualities like loyalty and commitment far above superficial ones in a potential partner.
- He’s interested in what you have to say. Let’s be honest, little person chat can be a bit boring, so don’t be afraid to talk about grown up topics like current affairs, pop culture, or whatever else is on your mind – preferably over a nice ‘big person’ meal or a glass of wine.
- He’s good with kids. Okay, it’s obvious, but you don’t need to wonder if he’ll be a good father. You KNOW he is.
- He has a great sense of humour. Dad jokes. Enough said.
- He can adapt. Even the most macho dads can be tenderhearted nurturers when the situation calls for it.
- Single dads can fix things. As fast as kids (or anyone else) can break them.
- He’s emotionally mature. Nothing helps someone “grow up” faster than having to take care of a small human being.
- You can be a kid again. Date a single dad and you can shamelessly go to the zoo, visit water parks, slide down slides, and sit on Santa’s knee. OK, maybe not the last one.
Have you ever dated a single dad? Are you a single dad and want to add anything to the list? Let us know in the comments below or join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. And if you are ready to narrow down the world of possibilities, sign up to eharmony today- find someone made for you.
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try eHarmony today!Join Now