15 Reasons to Date a Vegetarian
According to recent figures from Roy Morgan Research, 10 per cent of the Australian population identifies as vegetarian. With so many people going meat-free, you’ve probably met a vegetarian before – or even tried being one yourself. But have you ever dated one? Here’s why you definitely should.
1. They’re a cheap dinner date. The vegetarian entrée nearly always costs less than the meaty version, leaving you with more cash in your hip pocket or for dessert.
2. They smell sexier. A study appearing in the journal Chemical Senses reported that men who avoid red meat have a more sexually appealing body odour.
3. They have strong ethics. Not sure whether you’re doing the right thing? A vegetarian will be happy to tell you the difference between good and bad – often at great length.
4. They’ll keep you warm on a winter’s evening. Evidence suggests that plant-based diets increase the body’s metabolism.
5. Vegetarians are optimistic. It may seem clichéd, but they really do want to make the world a better place. Spend enough time with one and you’ll soon share their positive outlook.
6. They’re kind. Vegetarians don’t like people being nasty to animals or each other. That’s good news for anyone who doesn’t like arguments.
7. Vegetarians are slim(mer). According to the University of Rochester’s medical centre, vegetarians are less likely to be obese than meat-eaters.
8. They’re considerate. Vegetarians try and think through the choices they make. This self-awareness makes them less quick to anger and generally more easy-going partners.
9. Vegetarians have powerful allies. Famous veggies include Ellen DeGeneres, Henry Ford, Albert Einstein, Leonardo da Vinci, Ozzy Osborne and, of course, Paul McCartney – who’s calling on us to quit meat on Mondays as part of his Meat Free Monday initiative.
10. They’re clever. According to researchers at Southampton University, intelligent children are more likely to become veggies later in life.
11. Their diet is full of natural aphrodisiacs. Asparagus, avocado, pumpkin seeds, dark chocolate, almonds, and bananas are all good for fuelling sexual urges.
12. Vegetarians live to a ripe old age, thanks to a lower incidence of high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease and some cancers.
13. They have a great tea range. Vegetarians often own a bewildering selection of teas with seemingly mystical properties – just don’t ask for anything with caffeine.
14. Veggies have a better sex life. Research suggests that people who consume tofu and other plant-based foods might enjoy a better sex life than their meat-eating counterparts.
15. They’re good for food allergy sufferers. Regardless of whether you’re allergic to wheat, dairy, shellfish or nuts, a vegetarian will know where you can find a tasty meal.
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try eHarmony today!Join Now