15 Reasons to Date an Irish Person
Ah, the luck of the Irish! Contrary to popular belief, they do not all have red hair, fiery tempers, consume gallons of ale, and believe in leprechauns. Yet Irish men and women do have distinctive traits and qualities to be admired.
In celebration of St Patrick’s Day, here are 15 reasons to date an Irish person:
- They’re family-oriented.Irish people typically have big families and are deeply devoted to their clan. Get ready for long dinners at grandma’s filled with cottage pie and bread and butter pudding!
- Get ready to laugh.The Irish are well known for their lively sense of humour and fun-loving personalities.
- You’ll know where you stand. Irish are known to be forthright and outspoken. You won’t have to wonder what’s going on in your relationship or get caught up in silly games.
- Irish people have an amazing artistic legacy.Among the countless creative geniuses emerging from this land are actor Daniel Day-Lewis, authors Oscar Wilde and C. S. Lewis, poet Seamus Heaney, and musicians Enya and Paul Hewson (AKA Bono of U2).
- You’ll date someone with a rich heritage.Ireland is a country with a captivating history, brilliantly detailed in Thomas Cahill’s How the Irish Saved Civilization.
- Feel free to share your opinions.Irish men and women have strong convictions about politics, religion, sports, and many other topics. No need to sidestep issues—go ahead and speak your mind as they value freedom of expression and taking part in a healthy debate.
- Their accents are the sexiest in the world. Countless studies and polls show that many people find the melodic tones of the Irish accent extremely attractive. Be mesmerised in every conversation with your partner.
- You’ll know what you’re doing on St. Patrick’s Day. Finally you’ll have good reason to attend a parade, drink at the pub, don your green attire, and learn more about why this venerable saint is celebrated each year.
- Learn about ancient Irish charms and spells. There are still many practitioning witches and druids in Ireland today who believe in ancient traditions and folk magic. For example, there’s an Irish love ritual in some regions of Ireland that say if a woman eats a four-leaf clover while thinking about a man, he will fall in love with her. We think it’s worth a try, if you can find a four-leaf clover.
- Enjoy vivid stories. Irish people have plenty of stories to tell — and usually love telling them.
- You can discuss many thought-provoking Irish proverbs. Such as “Never bolt your door with a boiled carrot” and “Marry a mountain woman and you will marry the mountain.”
- You’ll enjoy great food and drink.Your Irish partner comes from the land that introduced the world to mashed potatoes, whiskey, chocolate milk, Guinness beer, corned beef sandwiches and Bailey’s. Enough said.
- These people don’t let daily stresses weigh them down. Since stress isn’t a prevalent factor for the typical Irish person, they move quickly past daily challenges.
- Your dates will not be filled with gaps in conversation.Among other widely recognised traits, Irish are well known for their “gift of the gab.”
- You’ll have a personal tour guide to a stunning country. Take a trip to your lover’s homeland and be treated to one of the most beautiful places on earth.
This article originally appeared on eH Advice.
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try eHarmony today!Join Now