10 Most epic on screen kisses of all time
From innocent first kisses to passionate embraces under the rain, Hollywood has delivered some truly memorable on-screen kisses in its time. Here’s our take on the most epic, spine-shivering and romantic kisses of all time. What’s your favourite?
1. The Notebook (2004) – A rain-soaked Noah (Ryan Gosling) tells Allie (Rachel McAdams) “It wasn’t over. It still isn’t over!” before going in for a passion-filled ‘lift and kiss’. Need we say more?
2. Romeo and Juliet (1996) – “Then have my lips the sin that they have took” – Juliet
3. Crazy Stupid Love (2011) – Oh look, it’s Ryan Gosling again! This time he’s kissing a soaking-wet Emma Stone in Crazy, Stupid, Love. Hot!
4. Never Been Kissed (1999) – In this classic teen rom-com, Drew Barrymore’s Josie Geller has become an adult withouth ever having been kissed… until the hunky baseball coach changes things in an epically romantic way.
5. My Girl (1991) – Ah, young love! It’s just a little peck, but that sweet, innocent moment between Thomas J (Macaulay Culkin) and Vada (Anna Chlumksy) in the sentimental childhood flick, My Girl, prooves that age is no barrier in matters of the heart.
6. Ghost (1990) – The steamy kiss between Sam (Patrick Swayze) and Molly (Demi Moore) when he lifts her up from the pottery wheel in Ghost stands out as one of the sexiest on-screen kisses of all time.
7. Titanic (1997) – It’s an iconic scene from the nineties classic The Titanic, when Jack kisses Rose on the top deck of the ship just as the sun begins to rise. He may have been young, but man, Leo had game!
8. Lady and the Tramp (1955) – Who can forget the famous ‘spaghetti and meatballs’ scene from Lady and the Tramp? It’s got all the ingredients – hehe – for a perfect first kiss: a romantic, candlelit setting, an overflowing bowl of pasta, and a mandolin and accordion serenade to set the mood. That’s amore!
9. Spiderman (2002) – This epic kiss is as sexy as it is gavity-defying. Spiderman (played by Toby Maguire) has just saved Mary Jane (Kristen Dunst) from a group of thugs when he plants one on her… and it’s raining… and she’s peeled off his mask to reveal his true identity.
10. Australia (2008) – What happens when Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman join forces in an Australian-American-British western film? Oh, just an insanely epic, passionate in-the-rain kiss.
Want an epic kiss like these? Find out if your technique is up to scratch in this quick quiz! Share your result in the comments below or join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram to learn more about dating, love & relationships!
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try eharmony today!Join Now