Ballarat’s name may come from the Aboriginal words for ‘resting place’, but this is no sleepy backwater. It started as a simple gold mining town, but these days Ballarat singles can enjoy award-winning food from a range of cultures, a vibrant social scene and cultural offerings aplenty in a beautiful, historic town. Plus, there’s good news for anyone considering dating in Ballarat – per the last census, around 45% of the population of Ballarat are single1, meaning the dating pool is wide and deep.
Table of content:
How easy is dating in Ballarat?
Three-quarters of Ballarat’s population of 110,000 are adults and almost half of those are single, meaning anyone considering dating in Ballarat has over 37,000 people to choose from. Victoria’s third largest city has plenty of events for singles. There’s outdoor activities like hiking and swimming, classes at the local makerspace, events at the various Ballarat Library branches, and much more for any singles in Ballarat looking to connect.
Where to meet singles in Ballarat
If you’re wondering how to meet singles in Ballarat, here are some ideas. If you’re on a budget, each of the following is free.
- Ballarat Botanical Gardens – Beautiful green space that adjoins Lake Wendouree
- Ballarat Library – Book clubs, lectures, and classes
- Buninyong walks – For a variety of different fitness levels at Buninyong Village
- Robert Clark Conservatory – Year-round floral displays that change every month
- Ballarat Sunday Market – Weekly market selling a variety of food and crafts
For a small fee, there are also a fine selection of museums, cultural centres and other activities.
- Art Gallery of Ballarat – Home to a stunning collection of Australian art
- Ballarat Indoor Go Karts – Laser tag, go karts, and arcade games, oh my!
- Ballarat Municipal Observatory and Museum – See the stars and explore the universe
- Sovereign Hill Museum – A living museum that tells the story of Ballarat
- Centre for Rare Arts and Forgotten Trades – Learn a new skill and meet someone new
For those who are at their best after dark, Ballarat has a vibrant bar and restaurant scene.
- Hops Temple – Craft beers in a comfortable, rustic setting
- Mitchell Harris Wines – The perfect place for wine lovers
- Renard – Upscale contemporary bar with great luxury cocktails
- The Main Bar – Traditional bar that serves local brews and wood-fired pizzas
- Karova Lounge – Live music with reasonably priced drinks
Online dating in Ballarat
There’s no shortage of places to look for love offline, but more and more Ballarat singles are choosing to go digital in their search for a partner. It’s true that traditional dating has its advantages, but its online counterpart is no slouch. A few reasons to consider making the switch to dating online in Ballarat:
- Looking for love online is faster
- Filters make it easier to narrow down your option
- All you need is your phone (or computer) and you’re good to go
- You’re not limited to just other singles in Ballarat
- Depending on your personal perferences, looking online might be safer
Why you should choose eharmony if you’re dating in Ballarat
For Ballarat singles, eharmony – the most trusted dating site – is the top choice. Whatever your age or background, if you’re looking for lasting relationships with people you really connect with, eharmony can help. We’ve been helping people just like you find meaningful relationships since 2000, and we’re pretty good at it – in fact, someone finds love every 14 minutes on eharmony.
Using eharmony to find that special someone
Getting started with eharmony is as easy as pie – all you need is your phone or laptop, an internet connection, and some time.
- Create an eharmony account – Visit our site or download the app. You can also use your Facebook account to sign up
- Take the quiz – The Compatibility Quiz is the cornerstone of how eharmony works. It’s a detailed questionnaire that goes through everything from your likes and dislikes to your goals in a relationship. Once you’ve filled it in, we use the information to find compatible singles you can make real connections with
- Fill out your profile – A picture may be worth a thousand words – and you should upload lots of them – but a detailed profile really helps too. We help you show potential partners your personality with prompts, questions, and polls you can display on your profile
- See who’s out there – eharmony’s unique Compatiblity Matching System kicks into gear, finding potential partners for you based on how compatible you are
- Send a message – Once you’ve found someone who piques your interest, time for the next step! Use our Icebreaker feature, or simply say hello
First date ideas in Ballarat
Some great Ballarat first date ideas:
- A picnic at the Ballarat Wildlife Park
- Putting your thinking caps on at Escape Smash Play
- Switch it up with a breakfast date at Fika Coffee Brewers
- Take a class together at the Centre for Rare Arts and Forgotten Trades
- The sporty kind? Hit the Ballarat-Skipton Rail Trail on foot or bike
- Zoom around the city together on Neuron Mobility’s e-scooters
- Get creative with a paint and sip date at Pinot & Picasso Ballarat
- Go Spanish on date night with tapas at Bar Migas
- Enjoy a nostalgic night out with arcade games at Ballarat Go Karts
- Or keep it traditional yet modern with dinner at up-and-coming fine dining restaurant Underbar
Start your journey to real love with eharmony
From its origins as a sleepy mining town to the third largest city in Victoria, Ballarat has come a long way. Ballarat singles are spoilt for choice when it comes to things to see and do in this beautiful city an hour away from Melbourne; the only thing remaining is to find someone to do them with. While dating the traditional way is certainly an option, why would you when eharmony is there? Join millions of others on their quest to find real love and sign up for eharmony today.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.