With urban features like Green Spine, that seamlessly blends nature with metropolitan living, the rich mosaic of street art and sculptures that breathe life into its rapidly growing cityscape, Geelong proves it’s so much more than the Gateway City to Victoria. With over 80,000 people being single in the city the Geelong dating scene has a good starting point to find a right person to share in the adventure with.
How to describe the Geelong dating life
With its lively nightlife and emergence as a cultural city, Geelong singles neither suffer from a lack of dating options nor exciting events to meet new people. However, it’s a popular commuter town for Melbourne and has a large transient population, due to its thriving health and advanced manufacturing industries. For those living in Geelong, dating can sometimes be hampered by being short on free time and the flow of people passing through. If you’re not meeting someone who ticks all your boxes, then be prepared to look a bit further afield to find love.
Where to meet other Geelong Singles
- Nothing quite beats range of different singles and activities at Eastern Beach. Taking advantage of the watersports on offer, attending one the many festivals held on here or just exploring the rest of the reserve on foot are all great ways to encounter new Geelong dating prospects.
- Get to know different kinds of people by volunteering for a cause that’s close to your heart. Volunteering Geelong has numerous openings in a range of important local community programs.
- One of the best ways to meet new Geelong singles who share your sporting passions is at one of its many sports matches. The celebratory atmosphere at the games make it easy to start up a conversation with an interesting stranger.
How to explore new ways to connect and start with online dating in Geelong
The time and effort involved with meeting new people and then exploring whether or not there’s any chemistry can often feel like a big commitmemt. It can also lead to the belief that you need to compromise on your concept of the ideal partner if you ever hope to find someone. Singles often turn to online dating as it lets you be as specific as you want. In fact, it lets you use these preferences as a starting point for introducing you to a large pool of singles who share your interests and goals.
While using a dating site in Geelong is certainly the best way to quickly and easily explore who out there and looking for the same thing as you, a challenge that some have come across is that sometimes assumed compatibility in text conversations doesn’t always translate to the real world. That said, eharmony’s sophisticated algorithm takes the guess work out of this process, by matching you with singles who share your core values and personality traits.
Face-to-face conversation with compatible Geelong singles at eharmony
eharmony also offers Video Date which means you can have that nerve-wracking first date in a safe digital space. It’s a great intermediate option for moving things forward because you get to have a face-to-face conversation with someone without needing to commit to meeting them in a bar or public place just yet. These virtual dates also help you build familiarity and rapport prior to taking things offline.
Where to take your first date in Geelong
Looking to set up the perfect date? Why not try out these local date ideas:
- Take it back to basics with a classic date at the Geelong Waterfront. Stroll along the baywalk, ride the Giant Sky Wheel and finish the day off with some ice-creams on Cunningham Pier.
- Let your taste buds do the exploring as you work your way along the Bellarine Taste Trail, which includes almost fifty of the best dining and wine destinations around the region.
- If you’ve got the nerves for it, why not take a look at Geelong’s more supernatural side with Geelong Gaol Ghost Tours?
Dating in Geelong – Stop looking and start finding with eharmony
Between riding giant Ferris wheels that seem to touch the sky, blazing your way down Bellarine’s culinary trails and the infectious energy of sporting events at Eastern Beach and Kardinia Park, people dating in Geelong get to play out their romantic lives in a city that is alive with culture and its own special brand of community energy. Don’t spend your life looking for someone. Find them today with eharmony, so you can get out there and start experiencing it.