Dating in Canberra can be challenging. While Canberra singles make up a quarter of the population of Australia’s sixth-largest city, a fast pace and busy lives mean finding time for romance can be an afterthought. When you do have time, even just figuring out how to get started can feel overwhelming. Luckily, you don’t have to do it all on your own; if you’re looking for love on dating sites in Canberra, eharmony makes finding a compatible partner much easier.
Where to find singles in Canberra
Looking for the perfect place to meet singles in Canberra? Here are some places you can look if you want to try dating in Canberra:
- Bars and nightclubs are classics for a reason when it comes to dating. Places like The Basement, Cube, or Fiction are great places to look for fellow singles in Canberra
- Rather look in the daytime? Try hitting the local mall: Canberra Centre, Majura Park Shopping Centre, and Westfield Belconnen are all great options
- If you’re the sporty type, you could try joining an adult rec league, or one of the many runners’ groups in the city
- If you’re a person of faith who’d like to give dating in Canberra a try, services or events at your local place of worship are a great way to find like-minded singles
- If dancing isn’t your scene and the idea of lacing up your running shoes doesn’t appeal, board game nights at LFG, The Games Capital or Jolt Games are great, low-key ways to meet new people
Despite the many potential locations, you can meet people, traditional dating in Canberra still presents some challenges. For one thing, there’s the issue of actually finding time to go; for another, whether you’re in the right place at the right time to meet that special someone is a matter of chance. Fortunately, there’s a better way to go about dating in Canberra.
Why you should consider eharmony if you’re dating in Canberra
Ever since its inception in the early 2000s, online dating has become more and more popular, and it’s not hard to understand why singles in Canberra are choosing to look for love online. Not only is online dating easier for Canberrans to fit into their busy schedules, it allows them to cast a far wider net – important when you live in a city where the odds of that cute girl at the milk bar or that fit bloke you met at the gym being someone who dated your ex are pretty high. Plus, when you look for love online, you can tailor your search by interest, saving you valuable time when it comes to finding that special someone.
While more and more online dating apps are launched every day, if you’re serious about dating in Canberra, eharmony is the No1 choice. Not only do we have a high-quality dating member pool with open-minded, inclusive and authentic singles who are looking for a meaningful and long-term relationship, but we’ve also got a proven track record: over 2 million singles all over the world have found love with eharmony. In fact, someone finds love on eharmony every 14 minutes! It’s no wonder that we’re the top choice for singles in Canberra looking for a compatible partner.
How dating with eharmony works
Getting started with eharmony couldn’t be easier. Once you create your account, you’ll be directed to our Compatibility Quiz. Take your time with it and don’t skimp on the steps! Your answers are what help eharmony’s Compatibility Matching System to find great matches for you, using the information you give us about your character, lifestyle, relationship behavior, and communication style. Once you’re done, all you have to do is set up your profile and then you’ll be ready to explore your matches – and perhaps even ask one of them out!
Three reasons to choose eharmony
- Search and filter functions
Eharmony lets you filter your matches in several ways, including for distance, meaning you can narrow the field down to just the kind of matches you want.
- Detailed profile information
Unsure what to say? No problem! eharmony provides plenty of information about other matches – including any similarities – meaning that finding a hook for a first message is easy.
- Safety first
We’re the most trusted dating app for a reason – with our focus on service and high-security standards for all our members, eharmony is the safest way to date on the internet.
Canberra local dating tips: From speaking up to going out
You’ve created an account, you’ve filled in the questionnaire and set up your profile, you’ve found a promising match… the next step is actually sending that all-important first message! Here’s an example to get you started:
Hey there! I see you’re in Canberra too – what’s your favorite place in the city you wish more people knew about?
Not only is it different from the usual, it’s inviting your potential date to start a conversation with you. Win-Win!
And once you’re at the first date stage, here are a few Canberra date ideas we think any potential partner will love:
- Lonsdale Street Roasters in Braddon is a great spot if you’re looking to start your relationship off with a high quality, fresh brewed coffee.
- A round of mini-golf at Jungle Glow-in-the-Dark Mini Golf is the perfect low-key-yet-still-competitive first date for all the Type As out there
- Or go old-school and romantic with dinner at Akiba, with its cozy setting and casual-but-still-intimate vibe
Get started on your happily ever after with eharmony
Between the frantic pace of life and what feels like a paucity of eligible singles, dating in Canberra can sometimes feel impossible. But don’t lose hope; you never know when your perfect match will show up. You can up the odds of finding him or her sooner with eharmony. Our Compatibility Matching System combs through our large pool of eligible matches to find people you have a higher chance of connecting with, meaning the odds of you finding that special someone is higher right from the start. Don’t wait; sign up and take the first step on your journey towards a lasting relationship today.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.