It’s a city that likes to play as hard as it works. And dating in Brisbane can often feel as if this ceaseless activity goes beyond people’s daily diaries and has become standard for how singles connect.
Singles in the city tend to adopt a looser approach to dating, often opting for group dates or slow-burn friendships that build into relationships, hence why so many people use dating sites in Brisbane, where over 43% of the population is single, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics1.
So let’s unpack how you can find your ideal partner and the Brisbane dating sites and date hotspots where you can win their hearts.
Table of contents
The best ways to meet Brisbane singles
As well as Brisbane dating sites, we’ve also got some good ideas for meeting singles in your day-to-day life. What makes Brisbane such an interesting place to meet strangers is the friendliness and approachability of its people. It’s one of the greatest places in the world to encounter and connect with all kinds of people.
One of the best ways to meet Brisbane singles is by getting out there, out of your comfort zone. Try volunteering for a cause close to your heart. Along the way, you’re bound to meet all kinds of singles who share your passions. For a more low-commitment approach, try just taking your dog for a walk at a nearby park. You never know who you might start a conversation with on your route.
But most people now use Brisbane dating sites to meet singles. They let you cut through the tangle of dating, finding and directly engaging with people looking for the same thing in a shared digital space.
Why eharmony is different from other Brisbane dating sites
eharmony has a specialised approach to online dating. While other Brisbane dating sites focus on quantity, we prefer quality, with members who are genuinely interested in finding happy, lasting relationships.
This data-driven approach to online dating has delivered amazing results for our members, particularly for eharmony in Brisbane, and globally, where every 14 minutes, someone finds love on eharmony.
We think of ourselves as a genuine dating site for genuine people. Here’s how we make your online dating experience easier:
- Our Compatibility Matching System has been refined over two decades to find the most suitable singles based on your personality, dating style, how you communicate and the things that drive you
- We have more advanced filters. So even after we’ve matched you based on compatibility, you can still refine your Match List by things like location, hobbies, height, education, children, desire for children, income level and much more
- Thanks to our industry-leading reputation, we have an incredibly large and diverse membership of authentic, open-minded singles who are looking for that one special thing: love
- We have an impressive success rate, having already helped more than 2 million people find love.
- We have a big focus on safety and security. Whether it’s your data, the conduct of users or ensuring malicious and dishonest accounts are quickly banned from our system, we take a highly active role in ensuring all members feel safe and respected on eharmony
These features help make online dating in Brisbane easier for you, by creating a curated and guided online dating experience. One where eharmony is there to support you through every step of your relationship journey.
Date ideas in Brisbane for all types of couples
Once you’ve met someone interesting on eharmony, you may be wondering where to go for your first date. Here’s some ideas to start you off.
Eating and drinking
- Jugar Eat Play Drink, West End – This eatery is the perfect lunch place for a first date and gives you room to do other things in West End
- Deer Duck Bistro, Milton – A more upmarket option in a luxurious setting. Ideal for a third or fourth date when you’re trying to impress
Get some fresh air
- Riverlife, Kangaroo Point Cliffs Park – Enjoy the sparkling city lights at twilight by kayak or bike for a more active date. Good for a second date when you’re more comfortable alone together
- Lone Pine Sanctuary, Fig Tree Pocket – Get up close with the koalas and other local wildlife. This makes a great, more adventurous third date
Relax and get inspired
- Gallery of Modern Art, South Bank – This famous museum always has new exhibits and is guaranteed to get a casual conversation started on a low-pressure first date
- Performances at Spring Hill Reservoir – This once-defunct reservoir now hosts opera nights and other theatrical performances, adding a special atmosphere to a date
Be special and unique
- Lumber Punks, West End – Chuck some axes and throw back some of the city’s best craft beer at this quirky first-date spot
- Amazing Co, Around Brisbane – Part puzzle, part scavenger hunt and part delicious picnic experience, The Mystery Picnic Hunt is a fun way to get closer
Go beyond first dates in Brisbane and find your true love
While Brisbane may be known for its casual approach to dating, this doesn’t have to be your relationship journey. Whether it’s by getting involved in a cause, socialising more actively, or using Brisbane dating sites geared toward serious dating, it’s all about taking control and remembering that the right person is out there.
eharmony can not only help you find that person but give you with a supportive and user-friendly platform to build and nourish your budding romance until it flourishes into something lasting. Get your eharmony account today.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.