Using online dating apps can feel overwhelming. On the upside, you get a clear picture of who’s out there and single from a Melbourne dating site. On the downside, it involves a lot of text conversations and first dates with different Melbourne singles that may not lead to anything significant. eharmony is different: we like quality over quantity when it comes to matching you.
Here, we look at how dating in the city works, where you can meet interesting singles and how eharmony can point you in the right direction.
Table of contents
The where and when of meeting Melbourne singles
If there’s one thing the city is not short of, it’s exciting places to visit that are full of single people. Here are some fun spots and ideas to meet people outside of a Melbourne dating site:
- The National Gallery of Victoria and Melbourne Museum – Museums and galleries are great for more introverted types as they provide a more relaxed conversational environment
- The Emerald Peacock – With its opulent interiors and older, fashionable crowd, this rooftop bar is a dazzling addition to the Melbourne dating scene
- At the gym – Take a mixed class or join an exercise club. You might even pick up a new hobby along the way
- The Brunswick Ballroom – Or any live music venue. It’s a great place to find singles with similar tastes
- Volunteer – Give back while making new social connections. Melbourne City Mission and Sacred Heart Mission are two well-established non-profit organizations
However, we also understand that just meeting new people can be tough, let alone trying to initiate a date. Here are some of the challenges:
- We often rely on other friends to meet new people, which can be an obstacle if you have a limited or inactive social circle
- As singles age, they tend to veer away from nightlife somewhat, reducing the more common opportunities to meet people
- You can’t tell if someone is single before approaching them, which can sometimes leave you feeling awkward
This is why many single people turn to a Melbourne dating site. Here’s how eharmony helps with many of the pitfalls of modern dating.
Why eharmony is a pioneering dating site in Melbourne
As Australia’s second city and among the most culturally celebrated internationally, Melbourne offers lots of ways to meet other singles online. So why choose eharmony as your go-to Melbourne dating site?
Well, there’s a reason someone finds love with eharmony every 14 minutes. It’s because eharmony is in the business of creating lasting love rather than just finding dates. Not that we’re short on members and dating opportunities. We boast an incredibly large and diverse community of respectful, authentic singles from around the globe. In our 20 years’ in business we’ve helped over 2 million people find love and ultimately leaving online dating behind for good.
What makes us so effective compared to any other Melbourne dating site is our focus on compatibility, which we approach from a scientific perspective. The experience of our relationship experts combined with a complex Compatibility Matching System refined over two decades helps us match you with Melbourne singles we already believe you have a high chance of building a successful relationship with.
Jumpstart your dating life with eharmony
Getting started with eharmony couldn’t be simpler:
- Register and take the Compatibility Quiz – This 80-question quiz looks into your personality, how you communicate, what drives you and how you organise your everyday life to inform matching
- Fill out your profile – share your hobbies, interests, and the things that comprise your life
- Check out your matches – everyone on your list shares a certain degree of compatibility
- Start chatting – we offer several messaging options
Why do so many singles use eharmony as their primary dating site?
Filters that help you find your ideal partner
There’s nothing wrong with certain must-haves for a potential partner. Whether it’s height, age or location, or more lifestyle-based factors like education, income level or religion, our filters will help you find them.
Profiles that let people see the real you
Our profiles delve into other aspects of your match’s life and what you have in common, including their favourite books and films, and what they’re passionate about.
A Melbourne dating site that keeps you safe
By responding promptly to member complaints, ensuring respectful, authentic interactions on the platform and actively removing offending accounts, we have come to be rated as the No1 online dating app.
From a friendly ‘hello’ to a magical date in Melbourne
So now you’ve gone through your Match List and found someone you think is just your type. Now it’s time to reach out. But what do you say?
We advise keeping it simple and lighthearted while opening space for a response. For instance:
Hi there! Wow, you look like you’re having so much fun in your picture. Is that at Carlton Gardens?
If it goes well, here are solid Melbourne date ideas for your first meeting:
- Ella – This fashionable food and culture district is filled with amazing restaurants to suit any tastes
- Presgrave Place – You’re sure to find conversation among the trendy bars and hundreds of fascinating art pieces filling the street
- O’Brien Icehouse – If you can stay on your feet, ice-skating is a solid choice for first dates
Explore the Melbourne dating scene with eharmony
Between its historical districts, exciting music venues and scenic natural spaces, Melbourne is a perfect city for a real-life love story. Now all you need is someone to share it with. And with eharmony’s long-established expertise, our extensive pool of members in Melbourne and our unique approach to determining compatibility, you can be sure that person isn’t too far away.
So why not write the first chapter of that story today? Sign up for a free now and find your perfect match.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.