Located by the sea in the tropical climes of the Northern Territory, Darwin is a little-known gem among Australia’s cities. Those who are in on the secret, however, can enjoy natural wonders, great food, and a laid-back, hippie vibe, all in a beautiful place that’s rich in history. Dating in Darwin is an exciting prospect, no matter your age or background.
Table of content:
How easy is dating in Darwin?
The Northern Territory is Australia’s least populous region and just 1% of people live there, but most of those are in Darwin (pop. circa 140,000) or along the northern coast. It’s not a huge place but is easily the most vibrant in the region. According to the 2021 Australian census, there are slightly more men than women in the territory (50.6% vs 49.4%)1, which may be good or bad news depending on your perspective.
Where to meet singles in Darwin
If you’re asking yourself, ‘where can I meet singles in Darwin?’, here are some ideas you can visit for free:
- George Brown Darwin Botanical Gardens – Walk around a stunning floral paradise
- Stokes Hill Wharf – Enjoy live music, recreational fishing, shops and more
- Aboriginal Fine Arts Gallery – Discover the stunning work of Australia’s first peoples
- Mendil Beach Sunset Markets – Explore one of the city’s best outdoor markets
- Darwin Rock Sitters’ Club – Sit on a rock with a drink and listen to a yarn or two
There are also a range of museums and attractions, whether you want to beat the heat in air-conditioned surrounds or try something more energetic.
- Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territories – See some of the region’s most celebrated works
- Crocosaurus Cove – Release your inner Steve Irwin and play with crocodiles
- WWII Reflections Walk – Learn about the impact of the war on Darwin
- Palmerston Water Park – Beat the heat with an afternoon splashing around
- Darwin Entertainment Centre – Treat yourself to a show or even a classical music concert
Best singles bars in Darwin:
Nightlife may not be for everyone, but for some Darwin Singles the lure of bars and clubs will prove irresistible. Here are the hottest spots in the city to meet and connect with new people.
- Discovery Nightclub – Let loose on three levels of dance floors
- The Rails – Live rock’n’roll in a relaxed tropical atmosphere
- Shenannigans – A slice of Ireland in Darwin
- Stone House Wine Bar and Kitchen – For all the wine aficionados
- Precinct Tavern – If you’d rather beer instead
Online dating in Darwin
While the city has no shortage of places to look for love the traditional way, more and more people who want to try dating in Darwin are taking the online route instead. There are plenty of reasons for people in Darwin to consider dating sites, including:
- It’s easier to fit dating around the rest of your life
- Filtering tools let you choose exactly the kind of person you’d like to date
- For some Darwin singles, it feels safer to look for love online
- Looking online means your dating pool is a lot larger
Why eharmony is the best option for dating in Darwin
Since 2000, eharmony has been helping singles in Darwin and elsewhere find lasting love. No matter your age or background, eharmony can help you find someone who wants the same things in a relationship as you do. We’ve helped bring thousands of people together – in fact, someone finds love every 14 minutes on eharmony.
Using eharmony to find that special someone:
Getting started on eharmony couldn’t be easier – you just need a little free time, your laptop or phone and an Internet connection.
- First, create an account. You can do this on our website or the eharmony app. You can also use your Facebook account to register with us
- Next, take the Compatibility Quiz, a detailed questionnaire about your personality, likes, dislikes, and goals. Your answers help us get to know you better, which helps us find better matches for you
- Once you’re done, it’s time to fill out your profile and upload some photos of yourself. Your profile is the first opportunity potential partners have to get to know you, so make sure it shows off your personality. In case you’re stuck, there are prompts, questions, and polls you can display on your profile
- Then it’s time to relax and let eharmony do its thing. Our unique Compatibility Matching System will show you which of our members you have the best chances of a relationship with. Once it’s done, you’ll have a list of potential partners to choose from
- All that’s left now is to get in touch! You can send potential partners a message, or if that feels too intimidating, Icebreakers are a low-stress way to get the ball rolling
First date ideas in Darwin
Wondering where to have a first date in Darwin? Some ideas:
- Enjoy a movie outdoors with Deckchair Cinema
- Bowl your date over with a nine-pin night at Kingpin
- Dine among lush greenery at Eva’s Cafe
- Enjoy a board game date at Mad Snake 2
- Go fishing at Mary River National Park
- Go for a long leisurely walk around the Darwin Botanic Gardens
- Roll your own food tour at Parap Village Markets
- Be a tourist in your home town with a spell on a hop-on hop-off bus
- Enjoy a fresh-caught fish dinner at Darwin Trailer Boat Club
- Play a round of mini-golf at Garden Parks Golf Links
Find lasting relationships with eharmony
There’s so much to love about Darwin, from the great culinary scene to the history to the stunning natural beauty all around you, and even the glorious tropical weather. So join eharmony today and start your journey to a joyful and lasting love.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.