With its extensive parks, relaxed South Queensland atmosphere and famous street art scene, The Garden City may be a scenic wonder of inland Australia but what is it like for Toowoomba singles, trying to find their special someone? Well, out of an eligible population of over 140,000, just over half are single.1 In a city of so much potential, let’s look at the best ways to find love.
Table of content:
Life for singles in Toowoomba
While it may be the country’s second-most populous inland city, Toowoomba retains a small-town pace. There aren’t endless streets of bars and nightclubs which, for dating purposes, requires slightly adjusting how you socialise and form connections.
Dating in Toowoomba often involves outdoor and daytime activities. There’s an emerging coffee culture, which makes the city’s cafes a great place to encounter new people and the city’s numerous outdoor areas often mean you don’t even have to travel far to meet all kinds of Toowoomba singles.
Ideas for getting in touch with Toowoomba singles
Asking yourself, where can I meet singles in Toowoomba? We may have a few tips.
Free things to do
- Enjoy the warm community atmosphere at The Toowoomba Farmers Market
- Do a self-guided street art walking tour
- Take the Tabletop Mountain hike
- The Toowoomba Motocross Club events are free and attract big crowds
- Attend the Carnival of Flowers to meet singles from all over
Spots and activities to find Toowoomba singles
- Ortem cafe is a local favourite that draws in many locals
- Join a sports club like the Holy Name Tennis Club
- Dance Connection hosts a variety of social dancing events
- Attend a lively cooking class at Willow Vale Cooking School
- Join The Apex Club of Toowoomba. These are both social and charitable
Best singles bars in the city
- George Banks is a great rooftop bar in the heart of the city
- Society Nightlife is one of the most popular clubs in Toowoomba
- The Met Hotel has popular live music events
- Sante Cocktail Bar has a nice upscale yet welcoming feel
- Fitzy’s on Church is the perfect blend of chic and vibrant
Online dating in Toowoomba
Like in much of Australia, locals have flocked to online dating services for their ease of use and convenience. Toowoomba singles can suddenly get a complete picture of who in the city is also available and has the same dating goals as them, without needing to step out their front door. It’s also highly specific with proximity and age, letting you adjust to settings such as ‘just meet singles in my area’.
Dating apps also give you the option to date on the go, without needing to commit time to meet up until you first feel a certain connection. For many professionals dating in Toowoomba, this can help make your efforts more successful. But here’s how eharmony perfects this process.
How eharmony helps you find singles that suit you
We believe that a few pictures and some brief words don’t give enough insight. At least not enough to know if certain Toowoomba singles are actually right for you. This is why these services can sometimes feel hit-and-miss and often involve substantial back-and-forth texting with multiple people.
This is why we focus exclusively on people seeking meaningful relationships and a psychological approach to online dating in Toowoomba based on true compatibility. Using our sophisticated Compatibility Matching System, we match you with members based on the deeper aspects of your personality.
This isn’t just designed to save you time but rather so you can go into these online interactions with a greater degree of confidence, knowing that you are compatible on a deep level, and have a much greater chance of forming an authentic, lasting relationship.
Here’s how you can see for yourself.
Signing up for eharmony
- Join on our site or app
- Take our Compatibility Quiz. This short questionnaire is how we create your Personality Profile and our Compatibility Matching System compares it against other members’ profiles
- Fill out your profile. Our profiles are designed to be rich in information but low on text, giving a clear but succinct window into your life
- See who’s out there. Sort members by their Compatibility Score or filter based on a host of other options that give you control over your dating journey
- Find someone that sparks your interest and reach out. If you’re tired of the old ‘Hi, how’s it going?’ text then try out one of our other communication features, such as Icebreakers.
It’s as simple as that.
Some handy Toowoomba date ideas
Once you’ve clicked with someone on eharmony, you’re going to want to take them on a fun first date. Depending on your interests, you’ll want to pick a spot that reflects that connection. Here are a few ideas:
- Zev’s Bistro showcases a different tasting menu each week
- Pack some delicious local finger foods and head over to Picnic Point
- Knock some pins over together at iPlay Toowoomba Bowl
- Catch a comedy show at the Empire Theatre
- Ground Up Espresso Bar is a staple of the Toowoomba’s laneway culture
- A day at Toowoomba Speedway always gets the pulse racing
- Enjoy a bite and some mini golf at Slice Cafe
- Put your minds together at Tick Tock Escape Room
- Get a coffee or an ice cream and take a walk around Queens Park
- Taste some delicious craft brews at Volcanic Brewing
Find the Toowoomba singles you were meant to
While dating in Toowoomba may not be as action-packed other places, it’s easy to see the city isn’t short on ways to encounter new singles.
However, if you want to get right to sharing these amazing experiences with someone, why not join eharmony? We can help you meet someone you are truly compatible with and provide you with a dynamic platform to grow your connection into a happy and lasting relationship with someone who really gets you. Join today.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.