Ask anyone what they love about living in Adelaide and you’ll get a range of answers, from the beach to the food to the diversity. One thing that won’t be mentioned, however? Dating. Despite being the largest city in South Australia, when it comes to Adelaide dating sites, there isn’t a lot to go on. While a third of the city’s population is single, busy lives mean that dating in Adelaide can be challenging. Fortunately, eharmony is here to help.
Table of contents
Looking for love in adelaide? Look around you
When it comes to finding Adelaide date ideas, you have plenty of options.
- The Adelaide Fringe, Tasting Australia, Carnevale… all the festivals Adelaide is famous for are also fantastic places for Adelaide singles to meet new people
- Adelaide isn’t known as the City of Churches for nothing. Showing up for events at your local place of worship is a great way for religious singles in Adelaide to find like-minded partners
- Love the great outdoors? Joining a hiking or running group, or visiting Grange Beach on the weekend, is a great way to dip a toe into dating in Adelaide
- If your idea of exercise is dancing the night away, no worries – Red Square Bar in Hindley and Electric Circus are both prime spots for any singles looking for a dance partner
- If you’d rather have a more intellectual evening, you could try dropping in at one of the many book clubs hosted by the Adelaide City Library, or even sign up for quiz night at the local pub
However, the plethora of places to meet people in Adelaide presents its own problems – namely, how do you choose how and where to spend your limited free time so you maximise the odds of being in the right place at the right time? Plus, Adelaide singles tend to be in their 30s or older, meaning finding time to play the field often falls by the wayside. Luckily, there’s a better option than leaving your love life to chance: eharmony.
Adelaide singles are coming around to online dating
An Adelaide dating site is becoming a more attractive way to find a romantic partner for good reason. Not only do dating sites let you look for love when your schedule permits, rather than the other way around, they also mean you have access to a far wider pool of people than might show up at the local pub or book club. Not to mention that when you use a dating site, you can take your time getting to know any potential partners in a way that the relentless pace of in-person dating doesn’t allow.
These days, you can hardly Google without finding more online dating sites than any one person might need in a lifetime. But if you’re serious about finding that special someone, there’s only one Adeliade dating site you should be looking at: eharmony. Someone finds love with us every 14 minutes, and since we launched in 2000, over two million singles all over the world have used eharmony to find long-term, lasting relationships. It’s no surprise, however, when you consider the eharmony advantage: a large and diverse pool of open-minded, authentic, high-quality singles who are all looking for a serious relationship, and a commitment to helping you find deep love that lasts.
Getting started with eharmony to meet singles in adelaide
Using eharmony is as easy as pie. Just create an account, fill in the detailed questionnaire (it’s important – your answers are what eharmony’s Compatibility Matching System uses to find matches for you, using the information to find partners whose character, lifestyle, relationship behavior, and communication style are compatible with yours). Once you’re done with the questionnaire, all that remains is to fill out your profile, and then you’ll be all set to start your journey towards a lasting relationship.
Why you should choose eharmony as your Adelaide dating site
- Find exactly the kind of partner you want with eharmony’s search and filter functions, which lets you narrow down your matches by a whole range of criteria, including interest and even distance.
- At eharmony, we encourage our users to be detailed in their profiles – meaning you have a good idea of what kind of person they are before you even say hello.
- And then there’s safety. Online dating can be perilous – which is why eharmony has stringent security standards for all its members. When you use eharmony, you can rest easy knowing your information is safe.
Find out how to get to know other adelaide singles better
Your account has been created, your photos uploaded, your profile set up… now it’s time for that most nerve-wracking of steps, sending a first message! Here’s an example of one you might send:
Hello! That’s a lovely photo of you at Carnevale. I have to ask, though: cats or dogs?
You’ve shown them you’re paying attention and you’ve left the door open for them to continue the conversation. It’s a great star that will hopefully lead to a first date. Here are some Adelaide date ideas for where to go when it does:
- Take advantage of the gorgeousness of Adelaide’s many botanical parks and pack a picnic to share on your first date.
- Not a fan of the outdoors? Try wandering around the Art Gallery of South Australia or the Museum of Discovery at UniSA instead – you’ll have plenty to talk about on your date!
- Or go traditional with drinks at Pink Moon or Proof, or try the one-metre (no, we’re not joking) pizzas at Antica Pizzeria
Let eharmony help you on your journey to romance
Sure, you could try dating the old-fashioned way. But why would you, when eharmony – with its proven track record, its pool of eligible singles, and its Compatibility Matching System – exists? Take the pressure out of dating in Adelaide with eharmony – sign up and get started on finding a compatible partner today!
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.