Set among the dusky landscape of the Malle and surrounded by a rich network of orchards and vineyards that make it the centre of Victoria’s Food Bowl, Mildura has all outward appearance of a scenic, sleepy riverside town. However, with its active artistic community, passion for all things sports and packed festival calendar, the city also shines as a cultural hub for its singles. Indeed, singles account for nearly a third of the population – and infuses the Mildura dating scene with life and spice.
What the dating life is about
Mildura’s status as a popular tourist destination makes for an active social scene with a variety of activities to explore. With a resident population of just over 50,000 though, there obviously aren’t as many singles in Mildura as other urban centres. However, the city does serve as a commercial hub for the region, so if you’re not finding the right person for you in the usual Mildura dating pool, maybe it’s time to expand the search so you can meet singles from its satellite towns and communities. It’s also a city that’s rapidly growing in population, so also keep in mind that your dating possibilities are rising with each day.
Where to run into Mildura Singles
- Along the Murray River – Mildura is a bastion for watersport enthusiast. Whether you prefer fishing along the banks or the excitement of wakeboarding, there are several clubs and programs you can join to explore these activities with other singles.
- At a festival – For a small city, Mildura has a surfeit of cultural and music festivals as well as large sporting events and exhibitions that attract people from all over Victoria. So if you’re a bit stumped on how to meet new people in Mildura who share your interests, look no further.
- On the art scene – Attending an exhibition or even one of the workshops at Mildura Arts Centre is a great idea for those actively dating in Mildura looking to meet different types of singles.
Why online dating is a good starting point
When it comes to socialising, it’s easy to get stuck in your ways. You have your close group of friends, and a routine of the things you like to do and see. However, these comfortable arrangements often stop us from being more adventurous. A big draw of using a dating site in Mildura is that it lets you find and engage with people you wouldn’t ordinarily encounter in your day to day, essentially expanding your horizons in ways that weren’t possible before.
Make the right impression from day one
eharmony’s unique Compatibility Matching System is specifically developed to connect you with people who would be a good fit. But there are quite a few steps in between being matched with somebody and building a connection strong enough to merit a first date.
To make online dating in Mildura easier and help you get the best out of your Match List, eharmony includes a range of useful tools that help you kick on a strong note.
- It can be as simple as a casual Smile, to let the other person know you’re interested in them
- Or even one of the unique Icebreakers, which lets you compare your lifestyle preferences and philosophies. You can ask each other to choose from pictures and listed activities comparing results, which renders a solid footing for your conversation.
The Mildura Dating Cheat Sheet
Make your next date an event to remember with these fun local date ideas:
- Sample some of the local produce and indulge in delectable street foods while enjoying live entertainment at the Red Cliffs Country Market, which boast over one hundred local vendors.
- Enjoy Mildura from the water on one of its many leisurely paddle steamer cruise tours, which explore everything from local wineries to its diverse wildlife.
- Revel in the simpler times by skating along hand in hand to classic pop songs at Sun City Rollerama. The venue rents skates and also has an onsite café for snacks.
Build meaningful connections in Mildura and start dating with eharmony
Whether it’s kayaking along the Murray River, exploring Victoria’s eclectic art scene at Mildura Arts Centre or on the decks of a paddle steamer during a sunset cruise, meeting the right person for you in Mildura is all about allowing meaningful connections to naturally flow. Wherever your passions may lay, eharmony can help you find and successfully connect with the people who share your core values.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.